The Festival of Big Ideas is a non-profit event and our first event is going ahead in May 2024. The aim is to provide a space where 80 or 90 interesting people can get together to take part in workshops, talks and games based around the theme ‘What is it to Be Human?’
The ethos of the festival is that we replace debate with discussion and when we meet disagreement, instead of turning the person we’re talking to into an opponent, we invoke a curiosity to discover why we see things differently.
To encourage conscious conversation there will be mindfulness meditations in the morning and live music at night to release all the intellectual energy.
Oh and it’s held in a medieval castle in the Czech Republic.
Wanna get involved?
Who are we looking for?
- do you love to read, listen to podcasts and have deep, thoughtful conversations?
- are you tired of polarising online debates?
- are you open to changing your own mind?
What do you have to do to become an ambassador?
- The theme of the 2024 Festival of Big Ideas is ‘what is it to be human?‘. Every 2 weeks we will send you a graphic posing a question such as ‘what sets humans apart from other animals?’ or ‘will AI bots replace human relationships?’ or ‘is the meaning of life something we simply invent?’ And you will post this graphic on your social media and mediate the conversation that follows.
- there will be a chat group of volunteers where you can share the responses to the most recent question and discuss insights that came up.
- if you choose to come to the festival you can come for the cost price (what the castle charges us for each person) of 150 euros which includes staying in the castle, vegan meals, tea and coffee. You would be able to go to most of the activities and would also have a role in helping welcome the guests. You would help mediate discussions and generally help make the event a success.
Sound interesting to you?
Have a look at the rest of the website and see if it resonates with you.
And if so please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch 🙂